Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Art of Decorating

{Photo courtesy of besttravelphotos.me}
I have been a dancer all my life. Even though I no longer take classes on a weekly basis, I resonate with the art, am proficient when I do get a chance to perform, and I will always love movement. On a different note, I love seeing our beautiful Chicago Symphony Orchestra; I’m hopeless when it comes to playing an instrument or reading music, but I love lending my ears. Now, more than ever, I have a deeper appreciation for all genres of art. Filling my bare walls with what I deem art has made me more aware and more appreciative. Being from Chicago, I have always been exposed to the museums and the galleries our wonderful city offers, but now I am starting to broaden my horizons and find it difficult to even categorize art. It is just art. Our walls currently have drawings, photographs, sports mementoes, and a tattered periodic table of elements, all of which I consider art. Despite how many different items are hanging on our walls, there is abundant space for our collection to grow…possibly with a silhouette of a dancer or a historical copy of the Chicago Tribune (which we have but it has yet to be framed and hung). It’s an exciting, new appreciation and I can’t wait to see where it goes. I’d love to know, what do you consider art and what do you love about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment