Monday, August 26, 2013

German Pancakes



The first time my boyfriend made breakfast for me, aside from bringing me a Starbucks coffee or a Panera bagel, I could tell he wanted to impress me, and he did. He made me his infamous German Pancakes and they were truly fantastic. I had only ever had Swedish pancakes and the giant fluffy American pancakes-the buttermilk, fluffy types. While nothing can replace buttermilk pancakes from Walker Bros., these German pancakes are certainly delicious. After making them for me several times, I finally got him to teach me how and they are surprisingly easy! It’s light, but very filling. Perfect for a family brunch or breakfast in bed. This recipe makes two German Pancakes J

{Whisk together 4 eggs, 1 cup flour, and 1 cup milk}

{Until smooth-the batter should be slightly thin; add 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp granulated sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, a pinch of nutmeg }
{Payton helps heat the oven to 425}
{Melt a good amount of butter in the bottom of each frying pan- each person gets their own frying pan}
{Once butter is completely melted, add half of the batter to each pan}
{Place frying pans on the top rack of the oven for about 15 minutes}
{Or until the edges have risen and browned}
{SO FLUFFY}
{Best way to eat? Sprinkle some powdered sugar and squeeze some lemon juice}


No comments:

Post a Comment