Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Black Abyss

{photo courtesy of http://www.spacetelescope.org}
Since the beginning of high school I have not used a backpack, ever. I know backpacks are much more practical and better for your spine, but I have continuously opted for a large, black tote. In college it got so outrageously large that my purse was dubbed, “The Black Abyss.” People would recognize me, not by my hair or clothing, but my GIANT bag stuffed to the gills with books, clothes, papers, etc. It was noticeable from a few blocks away, in part because I was hunched to one side lugging a black orb. I have since retired that bag and replaced it with a smaller black abyss, though this one has the same effect. Carrying a large bag around the city is not so practical and I am trying to wean myself away from it by occasionally using a cross-body or a clutch. Although, once I am back in dental school I’m sure the original will resurface, much to my family’s chagrin. If you ever see a woman walking down the street with a giant black bag filled with who-knows-what, it’s probably me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment