Monday, July 15, 2013

Ravinia


{perfect weather for Ravinia}

I have been going to Ravinia for years. As a little girl, my parents would take us once or twice a summer and introduce us to classical music while we ate Brown’s Chicken and cookies. My sister and I have such fond memories of going that we have continued to do so as young adults. Luckily, my boyfriend also grew up enjoying Ravinia with his family and I was relieved to discover he, too, enjoyed all aspects of the experience. Now, we frequent the park as often as possible and have seen the Goo Goo Dolls, Iron and Wine, the B-52’s, countless classical pieces and more. When I moved out of my parents’ house I made sure to purchase a table in a bag and picnic basket of my own to carry on the tradition of going to Ravinia. Brown’s Chicken became a thing of the past a while ago but we make do with homemade pesto, homemade nutter butters (found here), and plenty of wine and crackers. This past weekend the weather was so gorgeous we couldn’t resist going for a peaceful CSO concert featuring Beethoven.










No comments:

Post a Comment