This past weekend, I went shopping with one of my best friends; it was a much needed diversion from the application chaos. Even though I practiced window shopping, it was a wonderful afternoon in Nordstrom filled with enjoyment and laughter. Laughter truly is the best medicine, especially when your friend asks the make-up artist if she ever tells girls “I can’t help you, I’m not Houdini.” Normally, that would never come out of her mouth, but after a relaxing lunch at Nordstrom café, with some wine, of course, we found it all too funny (read: I am still laughing hysterically and it’s been two days). Amongst several other one liners and loud, uncensored conversations in the dressing room that left some lost, 30-something man seemingly brain dead while he asked us about the location of the food court, we managed to reconnect, catch up, and enjoy beautiful clothes. Here are my top 10 fall picks at Nordstrom:
1. A beautiful, plum Tory Burch shift dress. It caught my eye and I may have to make a return trip to give in to temptation.
2. Oversized Equipment Ashel V-neck sweater in Pine.
3. Equpiment Shane Merino Wool Sweater in Ivory. I love how versatile this sweater can be. Paired with jeans or dressed up with heels and a black leather pant.
5. Tahari Metallic Jacquard Jacket and Dress. So classic and perfect for any business casual/formal occasion.
6. Frye riding boots- extended calf version for long legs like mine
7. Jessica Simpson “Aggie” Boot in Charcoal
8. Michael Kors Chain Bracelet Chronograph Watch
9. Chanel Les 4 Ombres quadra eyeshadow in Prelude
10. Chanel Indecise Lip Allure