1. Life is a gift. Live it well and live it with the people you love. Don’t waste your time on those that aren’t worthy of being a part of your life.
2. There will always be an opportunity for you. As we move through life, we will meet more people and have more chances. It’s a wonderful thing. It’s true: when life closes a door, it opens several windows; you just have to find them.
3. As we grow up, unfortunately we realize we are no longer in high school or college. That means: stop dressing like a college student, stop pretending you were just a cheerleader, and stop trying to look like you did when all you worried about was which bar would let you drink the most. Aka don’t dress in a dish rag and massive heels to go eat a pizza.
4. If you are 25, chances are your body doesn’t look like it did when you were 16. That’s ok! You are about a decade older. You shouldn’t strive to look like an adolescent.
5. You deserve to be told you are beautiful every single day.
6. If you haven’t had a grilled peanut butter sandwich, get on it. It’s the best invention in the world. (especially for someone who doesn’t like grilled cheese, like me)
7. Take pleasure in being smart and knowledgeable. Guys like it and other women respect it. Don’t pretend to be stupid. I majored in Zoology and minored in Neuroscience and French. In high school, I would’ve thought I was a nerd and pretended I didn’t like science that much. Now, I’m winning.
8. Put your phone down and read a damn book. One every three months. That’s attainable.
9. If you want to read 50 Shades of Grey, read it. I don’t care. It’s absolutely no different than watching an HBO show.
10. Don’t talk about other people behind their back. It’s a waste of time.
11. The universe does not revolve around us. In fact, we are so minute. Remember that next time you can’t afford a Starbucks coffee or someone interrupts you.
12. No matter how much we don’t want to believe it, first impressions really are everything. Take note and reference point number three. Let it sink in.
13.Manners Matter. Always.
14. New Years revolutions are a great thing. Don’t just do it on January 1st. Set a goal each week. Even if it’s small, like pick your socks up off the floor for 7 days straight.
15. Don’t go to bed wearing make-up. Take it off.
16. If you don’t know what you want to do for the rest of your life, or if you hate what you do every day, find something that makes you happy.
17. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt. Truth.
18. Take care of yourself. You get one life.
19. Watch the show Community. It will change your life for the better and you’ll be cool. Cool, cool, cool.
20. Just try your best. You aren’t supposed to get it right 100% of the time. You will screw up and that’s ok. Just don’t make the same mistake twice.