Tuesday, August 13, 2013

How-To: Stop Dressing like a College Student


The aforementioned statement is probably one of my biggest faults to date. If you know me, you know that since high school my daily uniform has included a t-shirt/sweater and some form of spandex pant. Comfort was always the main concern, followed by functionality, and fashion was probably the lowest on the totem pole. I wanted to be able to roll out of bed, change my shirt, go to school, go to orchesis, and come home to relax in the same outfit.

Now, as I am no longer a high school student or a college student, I feel like it is not appropriate for me to go out in public wearing last night’s PJs unless I’m going to the gym. Even then, I have designated work-out clothes. I have compiled a to-do list that will hopefully help me, and whoever else wants to use it, stop wearing spandex on a regular basis and start looking like an adult.

1.      Don’t sleep all morning-this mostly applies to weekends. Whenever I sleep past 8am, I feel like I wasted the day and all I want to do is lounge in my spandex. Get up.
2.      Get up and take a shower right away. I always feel more awake, more productive, once I’ve showered. The longer you wait to shower, the more reasons you will have to not do it.
3.      Put on a pair of pants. If you are feeling like an overachiever, try a skirt or a dress. But at least put on normal, adult pants.
a.       These jeans are versatile, comfortable, and good quality
b.       My favorite dress pants
c.       The best pencil skirt
d.       Professional dress
4.      Put on a real shirt. Not a t-shirt, a real shirt.
a.       Best button down
b.       Polo
c.       Blouse
5.      3-minute make-up routine (full post coming next week)
a.       Powder
b.       Blush
c.       Mascara
d.       Lip Stick
6.      Brush your teeth. Just do it.


My goal: Dress like an adult every day, except Sunday, Until Labor Day. An update will follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment