It’s been quite some time since I’ve posted about Payton and I am happy to report that she is still the cutest dog on the face of the planet. I may be a bit biased, but it keeps me tolerable among friends to just agree. Given that I think she is the best, I can also say that she is one of the craziest dogs I’ve ever met. One minute she will be sitting on my lap and the next she will jump on my head and bark until I play with her. I guess I created a monster and I love her unconditionally, especially when she…
- Wants to play fetch without dropping the toy.
- Makes you fight her and chase her to grab the toy after a game of fetch goes awry.
- Goes to the bathroom 1 million times a day
- Barks whenever I give another human attention
- Barks whenever I don’t give her attention
- Eats my shoes
- Jumps into the shower
- Eats dirty laundry…and clean laundry
- Eats pens and pencils
- Has severe separation anxiety whenever either of us leave—if we leave at the same time our neighbors get concerned
She does have redeeming qualities, too…
- She sleeps on my lap while I’m working or studying
- She sleeps under the covers at night; sometimes her head is on the pillow
- She has developed a love for popcorn and will give high-fives to get a piece
- She eats carrots like a bunny, and hops like one, too
- Whenever I’m sad, she licks my tears away and sits on my shoulders like a parrot puppy.
- She helps cook and unload the dishwasher
- She drags her blanket around the apartment
I couldn’t have asked for a better dog, right, Dan?