Monday, January 27, 2014

Le Petit Prince


When I was in middle school, I was introduced to Le Petit Prince in French class and there was no going back once I read the first chapter. I’ve been studying French for over a decade and can honestly say that I’ve read Le Petit Prince more than I’ve read Harry Potter, which is a lot. I was not thinking clearly in college when I sold my copy back to the bookstore; if anyone is EVER looking for a present, birthday or otherwise, a French copy of Le Petit Prince would trump all others. I was recently reconnected with a high school friend who agreed to create a canvas incorporating my favorite quote into my favorite drawing from the children’s novel. Picking the quote was difficult and picking the drawing was agony; there are so many wonderful illustrations, but I decided on this one and I couldn’t be happier with my choice. I will eventually frame this canvas in a black, vintage frame; however, I couldn’t wait to get it up in my French-inspired dining room. The frame will have to come later (hint: maybe with a copy of the book? Two present bonus points!). Thank you, Eileen

“Adieu, dit le renard. Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
"Goodbye," said the fox, "Here is my secret. It's very simple. We only see clearly with the heart. What is essential is invisible to the eyes." –Antoine de Saint-Exupéry






No comments:

Post a Comment