Thursday, February 6, 2014

Nashville


This past weekend, two of my best girlfriends met me in Nashville for a nice, long-awaited getaway. Funnily enough, I was randomly seated next to one of them on my flight from Chicago to Nashville; I hadn’t seen her in two years and it was such a wonderful surprise. Luckily, we all arrived in Nashville around the same time and were able to share a taxi to the hotel, which was so beautiful. We stayed at the Hermitage Hotel, conveniently located near shopping, honky tonks and several restaurants. Naturally, the first thing we did was eat at Puckett’s: so amazing; traditional southern food mixed with three hungry girls resulted in no talking for at least five minutes while we shoveled, yes shoveled, in the BBQ.

Over the course of two days, we managed to do our fair share of sight-seeing. Some of the highlights included: The Stage, Etch (ginger grits were the favorite), The Impeccable Pig, Fire FinchLucchese and two memorable stops at Nashville Cowboy. After eating Southern-style for 5-6 straight meals, we decided to have sushi for dinner our last night; it was well received after literally eating grits and burgers for 36 hours straight, no lie. I wish the weekend hadn’t gone by so quickly, but I know it won’t be long before I see either of them again. Love you both! 















3 comments:

  1. Love the post! Love you! Wish we were still there :( Although my stomach doesn't...XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had such a great time! Love the pics from your trip, I have never been to Nashville, but would love to get down there sometime!

    ReplyDelete