Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Ghiradelli Chocolate Chip Cookies


We all need a little something sweet on Valentine’s Day. Given my love for chocolate, I decided to splurge and make a double batch of chocolate chip cookies using my favorite chocolate chips, Ghiradelli’s semi-sweet morsels. When I was little and in charge of babysitting my sister, we would often make chocolate chip cookies and eat half the dough, get full/sick, and leave the rest of the dough in the fridge for my mom. Oops, sorry. I still haven’t lost the urge to eat the cookie dough and I doubt I ever will, but I did manage to get about 6 dozen cookies despite my constant sampling during the baking process. I followed the cookie recipe on the back of the Ghiradelli chocolate chips, but added a touch more vanilla and a couple drops of almond extract to give it an extra, savory punch. My hope was to save them for Valentine’s Day, but they are almost gone, leaving me with no choice but to make another delicious, chocolate dessert by Friday. 






1 comment: