Tuesday, January 14, 2014

101 in 1,001

   

  After I saw a similar list floating around on Pinterest, I thought it would be a perfect kick-start to my "Finally" series. I am also in the process of a few major business and life decisions. Having a to-do list packed with both business and pleasure will make it more fun to accomplish some of the less glamorous tasks. Here's to a New Year and 1,001 days of making life happen my way. Started 1/14/2014- Ends 10/11/2016. Over the course of the 2.75 years, I will be sure to update the list! What are some things you are hoping to accomplish over the next 1,001 days? Let me know!

1.      Make my own 101 list
2.      Take a trip to Napa Valley, California
3.      Read 15 new books
4.      Invest in a leather jacket
5.      Get accepted to dental school
6.      Launch website redesign
7.      Establish LLC once #6 occurs
8.      Try waterskiing
9.      Go skydiving
10.  Buy two floor lamps for the living room
11.  Invest in a pair of designer shoes
12.  Become an active supporter of a charity I admire
13.  Be featured on a blog I admire
14.  Design business cards
15.  Go camping under the southwestern stars
16.  Become a member at Museum of Science and Industry
17.  Go to Disney World
18.  Finally make it to Las Vegas
19.  Incorporate yoga into my routine every day for a week
20.  Take a cooking class
21.  Go without eating pasta for two weeks  
22.  Get up without hitting snooze button for a week straight
23.  Watch the sunrise at Olive Park
24.  Collaborate with a designer
25.  Bake every dessert in the Beekman Heirloom Cookbook
26.  Volunteer at a food pantry
27.  Buy a stranger coffee
28.  Reconnect with two old friends
29.  Send an old fashioned letter to someone once a month
30.  Send Christmas cards two weeks before Christmas
31.  Organize personal documents and implement filing system
32.  Buy a new Duvet cover with matching shams
33.  Finish the dining room’s DIY bar
34.  Host a game night once every other month
35.  Meet Graham Elliot
36.  Get certified to teach kickboxing
37.  Watch all the old James Bond movies
38.  Go to a vineyard in Bordeaux
39.  Ride the Ferris Wheel on Navy Pier
40.  Party on a boat on Lake Michigan
41.  Take a road trip up the west coast
42.  Kiss on a balcony overlooking the Eiffel Tower
43.  Wear my DDS white coat to a bar
44.  Run three 5ks
45.  Be featured in a popular magazine
46.  Go one week without social media or my phone
47.  Frame our antique Chicago Tribune
48.  Drink a margarita on the beach
49.  Buy new bedside tables
50.  Install a media display in the dining room
51.  Hire a photographer for a week
52.  Design a product
53.  Fill a cavity for someone in need
54.  Go to Ravinia once a week, all summer
55.  Give someone a present just because
56.  Go to a Bears vs. Packers game at Soldier Field
57.  Sit in the bleachers at Wrigley
58.  Get engaged
59.  Take another Goose Island brewery tour
60.  Buy Christmas stockings
61.  Go to the Eye Doctor for new glasses
62.  Go to the Chicago Botanic Gardens during June
63.  Visit Zoo Lights at Lincoln Park Zoo
64.  Drink only water for one week
65.  Donate 1/3 of my wardrobe to charity
66.  Spend a weekend with my mom and my sister
67.  Go golfing with my dad
68.  Read an hour before bed for one week
69.  Host a mimosa bar brunch
70.  Take a spontaneous weekend trip
71.  Paint an abstract on canvas just for fun
72.  Take an archery class
73.  Ride in a hot air balloon
74.  Get lost in the mazes at Versailles
75.  Sit in a French café for 5 hours
76.  Hike the Jim Thompson Trail in Sedona
77.  Light a firework
78.  Get a manicure once a week for a month
79.  Make homemade ice cream
80.  Invest savings in a low-risk fund
81.  Invest in a high-quality jewelry box
82.  Maintain my long-distance friendships
83.  Write down something I am happy about once a day for a year
84.  Make a snowman
85.  Complete a 500 piece puzzle in a weekend
86.  Eat 2-3 servings of vegetables per day for a week
87.  Do 100 squats a day for a week
88.  Eat a maple bacon donut with coffee
89.  Take Payton for a long walk every day for a week
90.  Play a game of football on the beach
91.  Take an AIR aerial fitness class
92.  Get a new retainer
93.  Do 30 outfit posts in one year
94.  Invest in a new car
95.  Do as the Romans do while in Rome
96.  Swim in the Mediterranean Sea
97.  Write an ebook
98.  Purchase a kegerator
99.  Dance like crazy at two weddings
100.  Drive a pick-up truck

101. Inspire someone else to make a list


4 comments:

  1. My friend Mackenzie from high school started that list. She runs designdarling.com :) And lives on my block, now. Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great! I saw it and definitely wanted to try!
    -K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this list! I think I may have to steal some of these and make a list of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea! This is such a fun list. I have to try one of my own.

    ReplyDelete