Monday, December 16, 2013

A Christmas Carol


I am so excited for this upcoming week. My best friend from high school is flying into Chicago for a few days and we are going to go wedding dress shopping, see her venue for the first time and taste delicious food from the Fat Shallot among many, many other things. While my main goal is to be a supportive MOH, I am absolutely looking forward to splitting a bottle of wine and watching her struggle with Chicago’s temperature (she now lives in Pasadena).  In the meantime, to intensify my already prominent holiday spirit, I have decided to read my collection of Charles Dickens Christmas stories each night. While I’d normally be watching Tosh.0 re-runs on my DVR, and I still will, it’s nice to open a book and read a classic story next to a lit Christmas tree. My parents got me a leather-bound collection of Charles Dickens’ holiday novels a few years ago and I have since developed a tradition –of sorts- and read a couple each year by the Christmas tree. This year, I decided to start with A Christmas Carol, my personal favorite. What do you read to put you in the holiday spirit? 



P. S. My Holiday Gift Guide for those who are still shopping...


1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea! I haven't picked up a book in a while, so now might be the time to give it a whirl:) I get so lazy at night usually and like you, enjoy my mindless tv. Maybe it's time I turn a new leaf though! Hope you have fun with your friend this week!

    ReplyDelete